Super easy project for anyone with a screwdriver and some paint!
I bought this little shelf at a flea market for a few dollars. I have found them elsewhere, like a local Goodwill, so just go bargain hunting! You will find one eventually.
This project was very easy. I made this as a gift for my mother for her birthday.
- Carefully remove all ‘stair’ posts, unscrew any hardware, etc
- Add a saw tooth hanger on the back (if necessary- mine already had one), add fresh knobs (mine knobs are from Hobby Lobby). If you use their 40% off coupons it offsets the $5 per knob cost.
- We did have to saw off the metal part of the knobs, as they were too long. A hacksaw and elbow grease will do the trick.
- Sand off any existing lacquer.
- Paint white and then distress by using medium grit sandpaper.
Fill old mugs or cups with dirt and succulents and put on the shelf!
This is a great way to re-purpose old chipped mugs. Even better if they have sentimental value! I cannot take credit for this idea, my mother came up with it!